How to apply for H-1B Visa? (H1b签证)
There are serval basic steps of the application:
- Submit an employer’s tax number certification application to the Ministry of Labor (if the employer is applying for H1B for the first time), the Labor Department’s processing time is 3-5 working days;
- The lawyer communicates with the employer and decides on the position and job content of the application;
- Submit a Labor Condition Application (LCA) to the Department of Labor, and the Labor Department needs 7 working days to process
- Lawyer prepare forms and job description
- The employer reviews and signs the above documents prepared by the lawyer
- The employer and the applicant separately prepare other application materials (also known as h1b签证材料)
) and submit them to the lawyer for review.
- The lawyer receives the signature document and prepares the parcel for the parcel.
Should I only consider top 50 Universities in US?
No, Top Universities are great, but you should always look for a university that have top ranking in your field of study. For example University of Vermont (佛蒙特大学), its only ranked 96th in 2019 US News college rankings, but its medical school ranked top 20 in US, and other majors include physical therapy, basic care, medical research, clinical psychology, social work, and chemistry are all top ranked in US universities.
What to do with my health insurance when I am in OPT?
After you graduated, most schools will not provide health insurance plans (also known as opt保险 anymore. If your employer offer health insurance to employees, that’s great, you do not have to worry about your health insurance. However, if your company do not offer health insurance plans. You need to buy them yourself. It is illegal to work without health insurance.